It’s no secret that getting a new driveway can be expensive. But with just a little bit of thought and some planning, you can have the perfect driveway for your home without breaking the bank. The key to this process is finding out what type of material will best suit your needs based on price, function, and style preferences. Once you know what kind of materials you want in your next project start searching online or, now that you are here ask us. 🙂 Call us or fill in the form here for a competitively priced quote. Excellent work at a value for money price. All work comes with a five year guarantee.
Building A Driveway Or Patio
Building a driveway or patio can be a fun and creative way to add some personal flair to your home. From adding plants, flowers, or decorative stones on the ground, this is an easy way to make your house stand out from all of the others. There are also many other things you can do with surface space that doesn’t have anything at all in it such as installing lights around a tree or making patterns in the concrete. The possibilities are endless!
1. The slope of your property can have a significant impact on the design and make-up of any driveway or patio. Make sure to account for this when you’re designing so that cars won’t struggle with getting in and out, since it’s best not to be an inconvenience for anyone!
The height of your property affects how steeply things need to go – don’t forget about slopes while planning outdoor spaces. Call us for expert advice if your land is sloped.
2. If you’re building a new home, consider adding an outdoor kitchen with a grill, sink, fridge, and counter space. Who doesn’t love grilling outside on a warm summer evening? It’s an activity the whole family can enjoy, and it is healthier than cooking indoors. If you’re building your dream home from scratch or adding onto your current one with extra space for entertaining outdoors, consider installing a full outdoor kitchen so that everyone has room to cook during those wonderful afternoons when there are not enough hours in the day!
3. Add some greenery around your house by planting trees or bushes on the perimeter of your property. Planting trees and bushes will be helpful in shade on hot days.
4. Include built-in seating areas for guests to enjoy while they visit
5. Create an outdoor living room with comfortable furniture. Some people even like to position their seating right in front of fire pits and create ambiance by adding warming scents such as cinnamon sticks or vanilla extract
6. Build raised beds that are perfect for growing vegetables or flowers close to the house so you can walk outside without stepping onto grass all the time
7. You may not have a say in what type of asphalt or gravel goes on your driveway, but you can make sure it has the perfect finish with pavers. Pavers are available in many different styles and colors that will complement any home’s look and style as well as provide added functionality for patios, walkways, courtyards etc…
8. Consider adding an outdoor fireplace to your patio design. A warming way to bring on Spring and extend Autumn get togethers and family meals outside.
9. Use landscaping to create a natural barrier between your home and the street. Use landscaping as a natural barrier between you and prying eyes on the street by planting some trees in front of your home, or placing shrubs around it. Planting colorful flowers near windows can also be helpful for creating privacy inside while still maintaining an open feel outside
10. Add some plants around your porch or deck for extra color and texture. Create an outdoor dining area with a table and chairs
A driveway is one of the largest investments you will make in a lifetime, so it’s important to get it right. If you don’t have time or are not sure where to start, call us and we can walk with you through each step. We understand that no two driveways are identical; some homeowners want an elaborate brick-paved entrance while others just need a simple gravel path leading up to their garage door. Whatever your needs may be – large or small – our team has got them covered! So before you go any further down this article (or if you skipped ahead) let’s stop for a minute and answer these questions:
- What size do I need?
- How much should I budget?
- Who installs my driveway?The answers to the first two questions can be easily calculated, by us if you wish, which might also answer the last question. Give us a call now and we’re happy to advise you.